What are the PRC Requirements for the Licensure Examination for Teachers?
Passing the PRC licensure examination for teachers is a basic requirement for teachers’ licensing certification. It is required to qualify for a teaching job – usually for public school assignments. The licensure examination for teachers measures an aspiring teacher’s knowledge and skills to ensure that educators are qualified to teach. Teaching skills and qualifications are the key in improving the quality of teaching which in return improves the future outcome for students. The examination is administered by the Professional Regulation Commission.
What are the Requirements for the application for the Licensure Examination for Teachers?
A. An applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the Philippines or an alien whose country has reciprocity with the Philippines
- At least 18 years old
- With good moral character and good reputation with high moral values
- Has not been convicted by final judgment by court for an offense involving moral misconduct
B. Documentary requirements:
- Original and photo copies of Transcript of Records with Special Order, Date of Graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks ” For Board examination Purposes Only” (Res. 2004-200, s’04) (Ched recognition / permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and photocopies of Birth Certificate (NSO)
- Four (4) passport size colored pictures with complete name printed
- Metered Documentary Stamps
- Community Tax Certificate / Cedula
- Examination Fee: P900
C. Educational Qualification / Training / Experience and Certifications to be Attached
- For Teachers in Elementary Grade
- BSEED or its equivalent
- For Teachers in Secondary Grade
- A bachelors degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor and the degrees which shall be considered equivalent must have to take at least 18 units in Professional Education, or a bachelors degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education
- For Teachers in Pre-school
- A bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education (BECED) or its equivalent
- For Teachers in vocational and two-year technical course
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of specialization or its equivalent, with at least 18 units in professional education.
D. For Repeaters
- Original and photo copies of Transcript of Records & NSO Birth Certificate (with same specifications above)
If by any chance you are from other fields of study who plans to take the PRC licensure examination for your area of study, you may visit this link for the complete requirements for all PRC board examination applicants.
Best of luck in the licensure examination for teachers!